5 tips for winter photography
Moisture can be trapped in the camera body in the cold weather. It freezes and damages the camera. Here are 5 tips for winter photography.
- Keep batteries covered and close to your body since they die quickly in cold winter.
- Keep the lens cap on to protect the lens from snow, ice, or water.
- Cover the camera with a professional raincoat or a plastic bag with opening for the lens secured by rubber band.
- Use drying cleaning cloths instead of blowing warm air to the lens to avoid ice coating.
- Avoid changing lens outside. Put the camera in a sealed plastic bag and place it on the floor in the car. Open the plastic bag only when you are outside at the shooting site to avoid the fog on lens caused by sudden change in temperature.