Sketches of Rumored Upcoming Canon EOS M5 in Late 2016
Canon is rumored to announce a new EOS M mirrorless camera before Photokina 2016 (Thursday, September 15). The new product would be the EOS M3 successor which might be called the EOS M5. It will be a departure from what has come before it. It won’t be a full frame camera, the sensor is expected to remain APS-C sized. But it will be slightly upmarket from the EOS M3. Alongside the new Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera will be a new lens called EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS standard zoom optic. The lens will be announced together with the MILC.
Rumored sketches of Canon EOS M5:
Specification of the rumored Canon EOS M5:
- 24.2mp (80D sensor or some variant)
- Built-in electronic viewfinder
- A new AF system (Could be the best new feature of the EOS M line)
- A more classical camera design, more in line with Fuji or Olympus
- EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM coming alongside the new body
The release date of the new EOS M camera and the lens should be in late 2016.